Malaysia Against COVID-19
MCCBCHST URGES MALAYSIANS OF ALL FAITHS TO ADHERE STRICTLY TO THE MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER (MCO)
- The Malaysian Consultative Council of Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism and Taoism (MCCBCHST) urges the whole nation to adhere strictly to the Movement Control Order (MCO) proclaimed by the Prime Minister effective from 18 – 31 March 2020 and enforced under the Control and Prevention of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 and the Police Act 1967.
- The Government has taken this unprecedented step as it views the current situation very seriously, especially the rise of the second wave of new infections. Our priority now is to prevent the further spread of this virus within the population. The current scenario requires drastic measures to be taken to de-escalate the situation immediately.
- As all Places of Worship are closed, MCCBCHST urges all Malaysians to pray at home for the good health of our Nation, especially for all our brave health care professionals who daily risk their lives to keep us alive.
- MCCBCHST calls on everyone to spend quality time with the family, take care of the elderly and keep them safe from infection. As responsible Malaysians, we must co-operate with the authorities who are doing their best to respond to this pandemic.
- MCCBCHST also welcomes the various efforts undertaken by various bodies to identify and assist the most vulnerable and affected by this MCO. Let us re-double our efforts to care for our needy and less fortunate Malaysians.
- We remember the dead and our deepest condolences to the families. To the 1183 cases tested positive to date, we pray for a full and complete recovery to health. From the latest confirmed 153 new cases today, another record, it is of utmost urgency we respect the MCO fully.
- As Malaysians, we must act together NOW as ONE to curtail the spread of this virus.
Together we can overcome.
Statement issued and endorsed by:
🔸Archbishop Julian Leow Beng Kim
Christian Federation Malaysia (CFM)
🔸Sardar Jagir Singh
Malaysian Gurdwaras Council (MGC)
🔸Datuk R.S. Mohan Shan
Malaysia Hindu Sangam (MHS)
🔸Dao Zhang Tan Hoe Chieow
Federation of Taoist Associations Malaysian (FTAM)
🔸Venerable Sing Kan
Malaysia Buddhist Association (MBA)